Starting in scrap metal over 100 years ago, Regional Recycling operates 8 One Stop Recycling Depots, with 150+ employees, offering a variety of recycling services and solutions. We are a family-owned business with strong ties and commitments to the communities we serve. We operate modern, efficient and environmentally responsible recycling facilities. Our vision is simply to elevate the evolution of recycling.
We are accepting applications for an Operations and Help Desk Administrator, working out of our new office at: 208-6846 King George Blvd Surrey, B.C., with work at various depot locations when needed.
Reporting to the Corporate Manager, the Operations and Help Desk Administrator will be a jack / jill of all trades, with an agile ability to jump into projects, trouble shoot systems issues and support our depot staff and customers with their inquiries. One day will not be the same as the next, as we are a growing business with new systems, programs and staff, therefore you will work to support anything that comes your way with regard to serving our customers.
Administration / Tier 1 Support
➢ Respond to depot inquiries from customers and staff, by email or by phone.
➢ Make changes to customer accounts in the system.
➢ Troubleshoot simple system routing issues.
➢ Provide (tech) support for Anker Anderson Automation Software, CSP Plus, Scrap It, Fast Drop and DepoZip with depots and customers.
➢ Direct escalated inquires to various department managers for resolution.
➢ Investigate and resolves problems and issues that put roadblock into the smooth operations at the depots.
➢ Handle inquiries and complaints and follow-up through phone, e-mall, and on social media
➢ Track IT inventory and supplies for the depots.
➢ Create standard operating procedures (SOPs) for processes within all levels of Regional Recycling.
➢ Work with various departments on projects, which could include administration of business
development and marketing initiatives, finance or logistic to support the growth of the
➢ Identify quality improvement initiatives for logistics, customer service, our call center, and
➢ Actively participate as a collaborative member of the Regional team and foster a
collaborative working environment.
➢ Provide support to other departments as required and as time permits
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• 2+ years’ related administrative, IT, customer service and operations experience within a high volume work environment.
• Post-Secondary courses in information systems, business, project management or customer focused related disciplines. A combination of work experience and education will be considered.
• Understanding of SOP’s, workplace operations within a high paced environment.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Honed organizational, time management and analytical skills.
• Computer literacy with excellent command of MS Word, Excel. Outlook, QuickBooks (or similar).
• Strategic and critical thinker with a focus on solutions.
• Ability to multi-task and shift priorities to meet organizational demands.
• Known for thinking out of the box and making recommendations for process improvements.
• Project coordination skills for administrative and technical projects.
WHO ARE YOU?
You are someone who has worked in customer service, help desk and or administration. Your focus has been on streamlining processes so that workflow can be efficient. You enjoy jumping on projects that need your attention and where your intuition shines. You are looking for an opportunity where there is growth opportunities for your career, which could be in operations, IT, logistics or another area we haven’t thought of yet. You have transportation to visit/work at our depots occasionally.
• We offer the opportunity for flexible hours, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with some weekend and evening work if required.
• We provide a competitive salary and benefits package.
• Opportunity for advancement in a growing company
If you’re eager to lead and work with a collaborative team doing meaningful work, let us know how this role fits with your background and goals for growth, as well as your salary expectations. We need you to start right away!
All applicants must be legally able to work in Canada. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those invited to interview will be contacted.